Refine your Search
Air Abrasion Handpieces
Dental air abrasion handpieces are an effective and efficient tool used by dentists to remove areas of decay, prepare tooth surfaces for filling or bonding, and perform other dental procedures. These handpieces offer many advantages compared to traditional drills, as they don't cause the same amount of discomfort or vibration in the patient's mouth.
Why Should You Use an Air Abrasion Handpiece?
Air abrasion handpieces use a high-speed stream of air and fine particles to abrade away decayed tooth material. The air stream also has the good benefit of cooling and cleansing the area, reducing bacterial contamination. Air abrasion handpieces are especially beneficial for children, people with sensitive teeth or gag reflexes, and those who want more control over their treatment. They can be used for multiple procedures and provide faster treatment times, less noise, and minimized risk of damage to healthy tooth structure.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the advantage of air abrasion?
- An air abrasion handpiece provides many advantages for dental practitioners. It is a versatile device that can be used to clean and prepare teeth surfaces with minimal invasive techniques. It provides removal of tooth decay without causing heat or vibration, meaning patients experience less pain and discomfort during the process. Air abrasion is also much faster than traditional drilling procedures, meaning treatments can be completed in a shorter amount of time. The device also reduces the amount of water and other materials used during the process, making it much easier to keep a hygienic dental practice. They can be used for a wide range of procedures, ranging from cavity preparation to orthodontic bracket placement and adjusting protrusions.
What are the disadvantages?
- The use of an air abrasion handpiece may have certain disadvantages. It produces a lot of dust during the process, which can be harmful to respiratory health if inhaled. The device is also quite loud so it can create a noisy workplace for the staff and patients.
What is the best treatment for dental abrasion?
- There is no standard treatment for dental abrasions. However, they are best treated with a combination of professional cleaning and preventive care. Professional cleaning involves the removal of plaque buildup from around the teeth, as well as removing any tartar or calculus that may have formed on the tooth’s enamel. After cleaning, an abrasive toothpaste can be used to gently polish away any remaining stain or discoloration.
How long does airflow teeth cleaning last?
- Airflow teeth cleaning is a fast and effective procedure that can be completed and give results in 15 to 20 minutes.
Is dental airflow worth it?
- Dental airflow is an effective and efficient way to improve and maintain good dental hygiene and oral health. It can help remove plaque, tartar, and pigment spots on the tooth surface, as well as reduce bacteria and calculus deposits. It also improves the air flow in the mouth during dental procedures, allowing for better application of dental products and less time spent on each procedure.
What is the price of an air abrasion unit?
- Depending on the manufacturer there is a wide variety of options and price points to choose from that are for sale online, such as the KaVo system. Accessories like the coupling connector may also be purchased on Crazy Dental Prices.
What is Crazy Dental's Return Policy?
- We want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with our company and products. If you encounter a product and it is defective or not to your satisfaction we will provide credit to your cart, exchange or refund. Please contact your account manager or customer service representative for a Return Authorization (RA); no credit will be issued for unauthorized returns. You can also request the return online via our website.